Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's Yours, The World In the Palm of Your Hand


So I got my first parking ticket yesterday.
Apparently parking on a side street between 9 and 5:30 for more than two hours requires a 25 dollar fine. I could see if I'd parked there, backwards or with my front end half on the road. But no. I was parked like a normal person would park.
Is our society seriously that greedy that it won't allow people to park on their own street, a hundred (maybe less) feet away from their own house, for more than two hours? Where the fuck is the point in owning a car if you can't park in places that should be parked in? I would love to be able to take a transit bus or a cab to point B. But with the rising cost of bus fares, and the overpowering smell in taxi cabs, I choose not to. Maybe I'll just write a letter to the city.


"City Of Winnipeg,

Gofuckyourself.

Sincerely, TJ Morand"

But in all honesty. I've never been in a cab that doesn't smell like a cat died in the glovebox two months earlier. It's not even the East Indian drivers who smell that bad contrary to popular belief. It's all of them. White, black, asian, east indian, alien or whatever else. It's horrible. I can pick up when my armpits smell, in maybe four seconds after they start smelling. But these people drive around all day in a contained box of their own stench, how do they not know?
It's almost like a riddle.

PS.
Somebody buy me those Wu Tang boots.




Headphones...
Pastor Troy

1 comment:

Russless said...

I once got a parking ticket while paying off a speeding ticket.

Riel was in the passenger seat and didn't think of doing anything. She was talking to Jesse Spooner on her cell phone.

She paid the ticket.