Monday, June 23, 2008

"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad-girls live" -George Carlin



Usually when a celebrity dies, I don't give two fucks. But George Carlin died yesterday, and I'm pretty bummed. I didn't know him or anything. But I've been listening to his standup for so many years that it's kind of like I did know him in a way. I've always admired him for being able to entertain people for so many years. 

The construction workers outside are listening to the Offspring and it's not helping my day go any faster. I want to go out and smash their fucking radio. 

Whatever, tonight, if you're reading this, I want you to pour a sip, do a line, or take a hit, or something else illegal, for George Carlin. Then turn on your stereos and listen to "You're all diseased". My favorite George Carlin album by far. He is without a doubt, the greatest of all time. The world is a million times more fucking miserable without him. RIR George.
Word.





On the Box:
The douchebags outside are listening to fucking power 97.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i know man, im the same way about usually not caring when celebrities die. george carlin had such a perfect way of pointing out bullshit and then just ripping it to pieces. last night i watched on location, his first hbo special and carlin at carnegie, and then finished with his most recent hbo special and the part when he was talking about death kinda choked me up but at the same time it really didnt seem like he was afraid of it either, which is good, "he's in a better place smiling down at us"... "dont you think that when your loved ones die they will have more important things to do in the afterlife than to smile down at you"